Monday, October 3, 2011

The Love Bug and the Law of Attraction

I am not a Donald Trump-far from it, but I live a nice, comfortable life and I am now retired from running a successful business. I mostly do what I enjoy and enjoy what I do! Lots of people ask me, how the heck I retired so young especially since I mostly did hard labor in my life. I always put a smile on their face because my answer is that you have to become a love bug so the law of attraction starts working in your favor.

Okay, how do you do that, I am often asked and so I'll answer that question here:

Back in 1987 a woman by the name of Marsha Sinetar wrote a most inspirational book with title, Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow. As much as I like what she has to say, I disagree with the basic premise. I do not believe that anyone finds a job (or career) he or she loves at least for very long. For one thing, every job becomes routine after a while and no job is without its disappointments and challenges. I did not "love" my job-even though I was in business for myself-all the time. I had my days wishing I was doing something else no less than you probably feel from time to time about your own work. Nevertheless, what is called the law of attraction worked positively in my life, I "attracted" a great many customers and clients, and the money really did follow!

Part of my so-called "secret of success" is that I thought in successful terms; I never assumed the negative and my rule of thumb was really simple: if I work hard, treat people fairly and do the job the best that I can, I can't fail. This was more than positive thinking for me, this was my love bug philosophy, to truly care about my customers and devote myself to giving real and conscientious service as opposed to only product. I can tell you now that this formula works. You do NOT have to be in business for yourself to started attracting positive results in your own life.

The first thing you need to know is that no matter what you do for a living, you are at bottom line, in the service business. And so always put in the effort to give a little extra "service" to your boss, to your customers and for that matter to whomever you greet. If you do, I promise you, your world will brighten up and good things will eventually start happening for you. (I say eventually so you won't think that if you do this once or twice success is going to quickly fall in your lap-you must make this the consistent "who and what" you are and when you do this the law of attraction begins to respond...favorably! This means not favoring only your best customers, clients or fellow workers but treating everyone equally as important as everyone else).

Now and then, I will hear someone who I tell this to, say something like, hey, I'm a nice, giving person and I'm still impoverished. The so-called Law of Attraction seems to keep missing me.

There are a few things that I believe about this but my thoughts are best summarized by *religious philosopher, Ernest Holmes who said:

Suppose one has thoughts he lives in poverty year after year, he has thereby personified a law, which continues to perpetuate the condition. If the thought is not erased the condition will remain. A law has been set in motion which says "I am poor" and sees to it that this is so. This is at first an auto-suggestion, then it becomes an unconscious memory, working day and night. This is what decides how the Law of Attraction works for us, because the laws of attraction and repulsion are entirely subjective. Our use of them may be conscious to start with, but it becomes subconscious as soon as it is used.

What the writer is telling us in the above refers to what he calls "Universal Subjectivity" which is a "Creative Intelligence at our disposal." This same observation is made by both ancient and modern-day sagas and, today, by a number of quantum physicists in their references to Universal Mind and/or Consciousness. Paul Davis, **a professor of physics, says, "Nature is a product of its own technology, and the Universe is a mind. Our own minds could then be viewed as localized islands of consciousness in a sea of mind." In this same view physicists like David Bohn who offers that there is a deep implicate order behind matter which we might call Cosmic Consciousness and certainly the psychologist Carl Jung's synchronicity is based on his concepts of a collective unconscious. Wayne W. Dyer tells us that we can manifest our own destinies. And so, we are in good company when we suggest that, most basically, we are in connectedness with a universal intelligence that "streams" through everything in the mysterious realm we call "life" giving rise to our personal projections.

A problem exists, however, in that we do not always have control over our thoughts, even if we "believe" that we do. For example, if a child has been called slow, untalented, bad or a failure enough times by his parents or other authority in his or her life, that child's brain will begin believing this and soon enough these negative self-views will become projections such as, I can never make it...I was born to lose...if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...I just wasn't meant to have happiness and so forth. Well, these "beliefs" are not just passing thoughts. They are affirmations and that which we affirm to be true...eventuates into a fixture of our unconscious minds, which is in direct connectedness with what Holmes calls Universal Subjectivity, which believes what you tell it. In simple terms, if you believe that you can't succeed or be happy or accomplish much in your life, you will be given what you are unconsciously asking for; as you are the creator of your own reality. Thus, the Law of Attraction will be working to give you the poverty of spirit and/or impoverished life you are projecting into the Universe either consciously or unconsciously. And, in regard to this, just remember that whatever you project into the Universe is always reflected. (As we have observed over the years, hate and love are, if you will, boomerangs).

Now then, assuming what we are talking about is true we have a problem since we are not always AWARE of our deepest beliefs. For example, on the surface we might be saying something like, I really want to accomplish in my life; make lots of money and live well. But, beneath the surface it is possible that you are thinking something like, nothing ever works out for me, I can never get ahead and so forth. And, because you can't simply or easily change your unconscious beliefs, how do you overcome the negativity in you?

In order to change your mind, you must change your actions. You muster the courage to put your love into your work...you can even "fool" your brain by saying aloud, I love doing this, this job is so much fun and say that everyday until your brain is convinced that you mean it and delivers the message to your unconscious. But more, say silently to yourself, to your fellow workers, your boss and of course your clients and customers, I love you before addressing them or waiting on them. Then make service your goal-not the sale, and see what begins to happen for you. Just keep in the forefront of your mind that upon every opportunity you will give a little more than is expected of you. By putting out these few efforts the Law of Attraction will stop working as the Law of Repulsion in your life and good thing will begin happening for you.

Remember I spoke of Marsha Sinetar's wonderful book Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow. While I believe this to be true, I choose to change the message to Love What You Do, and All the Good Stuff Will Follow. Again, I do not think any of us can find work that we love especially that we'll love all of the time, but we can CHOOSE to love what we do all the time we are doing it. Love is probably the best and most effective magnetism for the Law of (positive) Attraction to work effectively in any of our lives.

You needn't believe any of this of course but what do you have to lose by giving what I am suggesting a sincere try? You can change your mind, by consciously changing your actions; by putting love into your work and into your customer/client care. This is what I term The Love Bug Philosophy in action; a most simple formula for solving our most complex problems!

*SOURCE: The Science of Mind * Ernest Holmes * Tarcher/Putman * 1998 (First copyright 1938)

**SOURCE: Letters to Vanessa * Jeremy W. Hayward * SHAMBHALA * 1997

By: MARK PIERCE

Mark Pierce has a vast and interesting background including being a successful business owner for 21 years. After being retired for a few years he decided that he wanted to do something that was creative, productive and people orientated so he formed Survival Station Publications. Most recently he has completed a most unique book with the title The ABC's of Loving and in his spare time he writes articles on the necessity and dynamics of love. He also busies himself by giving lectures and is co-authoring a study course on marital relationships. You can find out more about Mark at http://www.lovebug.biz/.


http://EzineArticles.com/6483732

No comments:

Post a Comment